Thursday, March 3, 2011

Eating on the Road

Trans-Canada Hwy 17


My boyfriend lives across an international border almost two and a half hours away so I spend a lot of time on the road.  Sometimes I plan ahead and sometimes I don't.  What do you do when you miss a meal and get hungry on the highway?  Stop at a fast food place?  A gas station?  A convenience store?  Well, believe it or not all of these usually have one of my favorite "on the road" meals - a dry salad.  I just eat it with my fingers like potato chips, no mess, no junk food.  Remember, we're talking Garden Salad here, no meat, no cheese, no dressing, no oily croutons!  Today I also happened to have a few almonds and a couple of really bad muffins-I-like-to-think-of-as-granola-bars with me to round out the lunch.  Not too shabby.  
 For more on the nutritarian muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment