Friday, October 28, 2011

Glazed Acorn Squash for Priscilla

Christmas is to children as the honeymoon is to newlyweds as harvest season is to a vegetarian!

Erich and I cooked dinner for Priscilla's 92nd birthday tonight and I know she loves squash so I made this simple but impressive looking version.
Glazed Acorn Squash
                                                             

Slice the squash in half lengthwise.  Scoop out the seeds and slice into eight wedges.  Spray with oil spray and bake on a cookie sheet covered with non-stick aluminum foil at 400 for about 45 minutes.  Drizzle with a little maple syrup (don't even THINK about using "pancake syrup!) and bake another 15 minutes.
Note:  I ran out of time and ended up microwaving the squash for about 6 minutes thereby reducing the baking time by about 30 minutes.


It looks like Priscilla enjoyed her birthday dinner!
(And it looks like I need to de-clutter my frig door)
                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment