Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baba Ganoush

I want to do some more experimenting with interesting combinations of nutritious foods but for now something simple...here's the lunch I packed for work tomorrow.  A baba ganoush spread on dark rye with shredded carrot and fresh spinach.

Baba Ganoush
Slice an eggplant in half lengthwise and roast on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 30 min.  Or put on the grill whole or sliced until soft.
Place the eggplant, 2 cloves garlic, juice of 1-2 lemons, 1T tahini, and sea salt to taste in a food processor until smooth.  The original recipe calls for 1/4 c olive oil(!) but I skip the oil.  Good as a dip or a spread with raw veggies or pita bread.

2 comments:

  1. You can be as creative as you want with this stuff. Add whatever you like - I have a friend who uses peanut butter instead of tahini. I have not tried it yet but intend to.

    ReplyDelete