Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spinach Onion Tart

This was supposed to be kale but I used spinach.  The recipe was from one of McDougall's books which are usually good but this was really blah!  I should have followed my instincts and used more herbs and garlic in the veggies.  I would use my whole wheat pizza crust recipe next time, too.  This crust was made from scratch with whole wheat flour and yeast but no seasoning at all and  by the time it  browned was way too dried out.  It has potential so I'll try again some time.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, found your blog from a comment on Dr. Fuhrman,s blog. Are you still eating Nutritarian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am! It's been eight months since I started and I've gone from saying I'm 60% to 90% and back to about 80% Nutritarian. The main things are: I'm eating fish about once or twice a week and a little bit of cheese and yogurt. On occasion I'll eat meat when I'm a dinner guest. I know someone who takes her own meal when dining away from home and I just cannot do that. I thought I was all alone out here but maybe I'll start posting again! Thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete